I’ll try to keep this entry short and sweet. I have a few highlights from the week. The main activity for the week was cycling. I was able to get out on the bike four days of the week.
- Sunday: 10 miles to test out the bike along the beach on flat streets
- Monday: 16 miles for fun along another beach; aslo flat streets
- Wednesday: I jogged the hills of Breakheart Reservation to get a gauge my plantar fasciitis and test out my new shoes. It was a nice and slow 3 mile activity which was great for spotting/hunting objects; I captured 3!
- Thursday: 5 miles on some pretty steep inclines @ Breakheart Reservation
- Saturday: 15 miles with my friend Jose who was coaching me and encouraging me along the way. These 15 miles were pretty intense and included some ‘nice hills’ and some flat areas.
Tuesday and Friday were my recovery days. Today, Sunday was my cheat day! We had so much fun!!!
I replaced the bike rack for my car with the Saris Bike Rack. It feels sturdier and is easier to load and secure the bike. Those extra 30 seconds really add up!
I received a gift from Jose on Saturday before heading out. It’s the Quad Lock bike mount for my phone! Now I can easily check my Strava stats AND catch Pokemon while going for leisurely rides 😂😂😂. Thank you brother! All joking aside, this gadget is a life saver. It’s easy to attach and remove which makes a world of difference.
That’s the week in a nutshell, Sunday to Sunday. Going forward I’ll try to cover from Monday through Sunday. But then again it’s me and typically plans my plans change.
My learnings this week:
- I need to continue chipping away at my fitness or lack there of
- I like biking
- I’m not ready for serious hills on the bike yet
- I was reminded that fun with family and friends is the most important activity. Don’t loose track of the ultimate goal which is: You’re getting healthier to spend more quality time with your son! Family and friends is your second ultimate goal.
Thanks for reading. I hope you had a great week as well!
I’m adding this entry to the Spotted Challenge. I realized my “Super Coach” is my buddy Jose. He has been instrumental in my biking efforts and we took our first ride together this Saturday. He’s in the first image with me 🙂